Terms and Conditions
Confirming a Order
- All orders are confirmed when payment has been made. A deposit can be made to secure the order and the balance will need to be settled 3 weeks prior to the date the cake is needed. We operate on a First Come First Served basis which means that secured bookings will take priority over any unsecured orders. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- All quotes are valid for 3 days after which are subject to change.
Refunds / Exchanges
Due to the handcrafted nature of our products, we are only able to provide refunds in the following circumstance
- If you come to our store for pick up or if upon delivery the cake does not match the brief of the cake that was agreed on we will give you a refund (minus 25% handling/cancellation fee). This refund will be given as a store credit (no cash/money refunds will be given) NOTE: If we give you a refund, you CANNOT keep the cake. You can only get the refund if you refuse to “accept” the cake. We will NOT negotiate a partial refund if you keep the cake. This is a “take it, or leave it” policy. We are not responsible for any expense you may incur for replacing our cake.
- Once you or a designated party has picked up an order and signed for it, it is considered “accepted” – we will ask to make sure that everything is correct such as the design, spelling, etc. Refunds requested due to decorating style, writing, colour shade, or general design will not be honoured after signing for your cake. In some instances you may bring the cake back in for design adjustments but this is an additional charge if the cake has been signed for.
- All products are the responsibility of the customer once it leaves our shop. We are not responsible for any damage occurring to the cake during transport, set-up or any time thereafter. You will be given instructions on how to carry, transport, and store your cake upon pick up. Keep in mind that cakes are very fragile and damages can happen if not handled properly – such as cracks, smudges, melted frosting, etc. We only give refunds in accordance with refund policies stated above.
- Cake flavour and texture is subjective. Full refunds requested due to flavour or texture after the cake has been accepted and picked up will not be honoured. You may qualify for a percentage of a store credit if the product is brought back and the quality of the cake flavour or texture is determined to not meet our standards. Cakes must be brought back to us within a timely manner, preferably with 24 hours of pick up – please call or email us promptly to let us know of the issue. Quality determination is solely at the discretion of Elegateau Cakes. Please understand that we cannot issue refunds for cakes that have already been completely eaten. Store credits of any kind will not be issued to customers who do not contact us within 48 hours
Cancellation / Changes
- Changes and cancellations to orders are accepted until 96 hours (4 days) prior to scheduled pick up/delivery time. 3D Cakes require at least one week’s notice if changes want to be made to the cake, to change the date, or to cancel. You will be required to pay the full amount if the order is cancelled with less notice.
Guarantee / Disclaimer
- We do all that we can to make sure that your order is decorated to the specification on your written order form. Upon pick-up of your cake, adjustments can be made for an additional charge if it was not stated on your original order. If for some reason something is not decorated correctly as stated on your order, we will make necessary changes right away.
- Every order is hand-made. Decorative finishes are done by hand and are subject to the artistic interpretation of our expert cake decorators. You may provide us with a photograph for inspiration and duplication; however, we make no claims for exact duplication of the work done by other cake decorators.
- All orders are subject to these policies listed above.